IGT Security Supervisor in Austin, Texas
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
Responsible for administration of the Security Department and ensuring operations run smoothly and efficiently, IGT is seeking a Security Supervisor at our Austin, TX location to be in charge of planning, directing and coordinating the operations of uniformed work shifts, including determination of staffing requirements and ensuring proper documentation of activities.
Here is what a day in the life of a Security Supervisor looks like...
• Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
• Express sincere interest in employees and assisting in the solution of attaining set goals
• Ability to communicate management decisions to achieve understanding and acceptance
• Demonstrates effective allocation of time resources
• Ability to work well in cooperation with others for the benefit of the organization and clientele
• Reviews activity reports of work shifts, ensuring their validity, accuracy, and conformance to standards and regulations; forwards reports to the Manager, Security
• Determines training and staffing requirements for uniformed shifts and ensures that all training deficiencies are resolved promptly
• Performs disciplinary actions at the direction of the Security Manager, including development coaching, performance improvement and remediation training, reprimanding, and suspending personnel
• Ensures proper and accurate time keeping for all subordinate Security personnel
• Conducts performance reviews, participates in setting annual performance goals and provides immediate performance feedback to personnel supervised
*First Year Goals
*Ability to review and prepare reports of all incidents from Security Officers.
*Identify and apprehend violators as appropriate
*Serve as the liasion in educating IGT employees with regard to security policies and regulations and assist Security Officers with implementing issues related to security (security escorts, providing directions, assisting with badging, etc.)
In-depth knowledge of / skills in the content areas of:
Physical security, law enforcement, and training requirements for security personnel
5 to 7 years of experience in security or law enforcement
1 to 2 years of lead or supervisory experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Special requirements needed
Able to stand an eight hour shift
Work overtime as needed
Must be at least 21 years of age
Able to obtain a Gaming License
Valid driver license and clean driving record
Available to work on weekends
Pass a background check
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com at http://www.igt.com/ .