IGT Systems Engineer in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Req No. 17218BR
Job Posting Title Systems Engineer
Location NJ - Egg Harbor Township
Employment Status Full Time
Description Location base in either:
Las Vegas, NV
Egg Harbor, NV
Systems Engineers who are part of our Delivery Services team travel around the US, and in some cases around the world, working as the hands-on systems integrator of IGT’s propriety systems at our client sites. Their technical library is vast across a platform that will involve the deployment of Windows Servers, SQL Servers, VMware, Networking in a shared storage environment. If you thrive on having your hands in a little bit of everything, traveling all over, going from project to project our ingenious integration team wants you to get into the game.
First Year Goals
Your involvement as a System Engineer will allow you to gain the latest knowledge keeping your technology skillset fresh and current. After the first year, you will have gained the necessary skill set required to perform Support SE functions and possibly Lead SE functions. The Lead SE role is assigned to you by the Project Manager for each project. The role of the Lead SE is to coordinate and manage all SE tasks for the project. The Support SE role assists and is sometimes assigned tasks by the Lead SE.
•As a Support SE you will be assigned to IGT domestic systems installations, and upgrades for any of the twenty plus IGT Gaming Systems software applications.
• Utilize the latest technology for supporting operating systems, relational databases, and network infrastructures as it relates to installations and upgrades and virtualization ensuring you and IGT remain the leader in the industry contributing to IGT’s bottom line.
• Put your superior troubleshooting skills in play solving problems with upgrades and new installations helping the Systems Integration team triumph with 100% client satisfaction.
• You and your Manager will identify what your passion is and make sure an individual development plan is created that helps you grow in your passion area.
• Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience with systems installation / maintenance/ upgrades / network security/ network technologies • SQL deployment / administration
• Ability to travel on average 50% but up to 70% (frequent and extended for 2-3 weeks at a time)
• Install, configure, administer and troubleshoot the latest Microsoft Windows and SQL Servers as well as previous versions going back to 2003.
• Network infrastructure (Brocade, Cisco, Dell, HP, Juniper, SonicWall), physical and virtual load balancers (A10, F5, HAProxy)
• Transact SQL
• Virtual infrastructure (VMware, HyperV) and Storage Area Networks configuration and administration
• CMDB and ITIL practices
• Hardware/software set-up and installation
• Setting up network design and implementation
• Certifications in Microsoft, VMware, Networking and Storage Area Networks are a plus
Special requirements needed Security Investigation
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.