IGT Software Engineer in Las Vegas, Nevada
Req No. 17048BR
Job Posting Title Software Engineer
Location NV - Las Vegas
Employment Status Full Time
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join one of our studios. Successful candidate has advanced in-depth software programming / technical expertise in several disciplines or product lines. Resolves complex design / development / redesign issues in a highly efficient manner using innovative approaches. Participates in software architecture design. Often serves as a technical resource to and mentors less experienced personnel. Possesses advanced debugging and code review skills. Often leads projects.
First Year Goals
• Lead in design, development, test and document C#, C++, Python object oriented software for games.
• Lead and conduct complex technical analyses, development, and recommend engineering design approaches.
• Perform complex software design and implementation
• Develop project plans and estimates.
• Proofread documents for typos and errors.
• Evaluate current processes and recommend design modifications or enhancements to improve product performance.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience in C#/C++ for applications with video game development.
• Experience with game engines like Unity or equivalent.
• Familiarity with scripting languages.
• Excellent organizational skills, good oral and written communication skills, and a high level of interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in cross functional teams in a fast-paced environment
• Gaming industry experience would be a plus.
Special requirements needed Security Investigation
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity. • Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally • Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve. • Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles. • Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself • Foster innovation
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.