IGT Systems Engineer in Las Vegas, Nevada
Req No. 17248BR
Job Posting Title Systems Engineer
Location NV - Las Vegas
Employment Status Full Time
Description We have an exciting opening on our Support Services team for an ambitious, energetic individual with an advanced technical skillset and a Customer-First attitude!
You will be part of a team responsible for servicing a domestic and international Customer base of over 200 sites. You will support and maintain production infrastructures hosting IGT software, including incident resolution and root cause analysis of servers, storage, networking, database, Active Directory, and related issues. In this role you will be an integral contributor to a well-established 24x7 global Support team providing support to IGT’s Customer facing services (both internal and external).
First Year Goals
• You will learn to install, integrate, test and support IGT systems and associated applications.
• You will learn to sustain and maintain IGT’s systems and applications throughout their product lifecycle.
• You will obtain all assigned gaming licenses.
• You will work closely with our Customers to successfully diagnose, troubleshoot and reproduce reported issues/problems either in lab or production environments.
• You will carry out activities related to upgrades, new implementations, maintenance and long-term support of IGT’s gaming systems & software applications.
• You will successfully establish and build relationships internally and externally.
• You will meet or exceed expectations for currently established SLA’s related to global systems engineering support.
• You will provide input in the development or modification of currently established technical standards and specifications where applicable.
• You will be responsible for conforming to standardized process and procedures when utilizing remote connectivity solutions to provide support on production systems.
• You are responsible for complying with all applicable gaming jurisdiction rules and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field. Relevant combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum of 5 combined years of directly related work experience in a system engineering, quality assurance, database administration, IT or a related support capacity.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience with hardware installation, network administration, OS installation, storage platforms (e.g. NetApp, Dell/EMC, PureStorage, Nutanix), VMWare.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2008-2016, SQL Server 2005-2016.
• Advanced skill with SQL server deployment/administration/querying, server management, network design/troubleshooting, Active Directory, Backup Solutions, AntiVirus.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent customer service mindset.
• Ability to serve on the team’s on-call rotation (currently a one week shift every 6-10 weeks).
• ** Employment is contingent upon the receipt of an approved background investigation, the ability to obtain gaming licenses from various state and tribal gaming organizations.
• IT related certifications preferred, with preference given to Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, ITIL.
• Experience with casino gaming operations.
• Be able to multi-task and drive progress on multiple simultaneous in-flight initiatives.
• Possess strong organizational, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
• Be able to work well with others or individually, and perform with minimal supervision.
• Availability for some Domestic and International travel (less than 25% travel).
• Ability to work occasional late-night or weekend overtime as business needs require.
Special requirements needed
Able to obtain a Gaming License
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation