IGT Administrator Systems & Applications in Reno, Nevada
Req No. 17285BR
Job Posting Title Administrator Systems & Applications
Location NV - Reno
Employment Status Full Time
Description The System administrator we are looking for will be part of our Global system operations team based in Reno. Together with colleagues based in Las Vegas, Europe and China, we provide 24x7 supports for IGT internet/mobile customer facing services globally. The successful candidate will have operations or support experiences to driving efforts to monitor, escalate, consistency, and to streamline operational processes with a true global team around the world.
First Year Goals
• Be able to taking care of our production systems alone from level 2/3 support perspective.
• Be able to drive big software release deployment alone (of course with support from other technology functions)
• Be able to solve majority of the routine issues/problems and able to troubleshooting issues/problems along and escalate to corresponding teams.
• Be able to actively improve our operational environment, such as, tools, process, automation etc.
• Build up productive relationship with all the necessary counterparts.
• 5-8 years hands on experience in Linux system administration as a technician or system administrator
• L2 or L3 support experiences with customer minded and service oriented spirit
• Willing to participate in on-call rotation for weekend and public holiday.
• Good conceptual understanding of TCP/IP and basic networking
• Basic knowledge of virtualization software (VMWare)
• Basic understanding of load balancing technologies
• Basic understanding of web technology, understanding of http/https protocol.
• Motivated and eager to learn and participate in a dynamically growing and changing environment
• Procedure and standard driven personality
• Previous experience in internet service deployment roles is preferred
• Be able to collaborate with lots of counterparts globally.
• Good understanding and basic working experience with monitoring tools – Nagios, Grafana
• Basic to good scripting skills in Bash, any other scripting / programming experience is a plus
• International communication skill or experience is a plus
Special requirements needed
Able to obtain a Gaming License
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.