IGT IGT Global Support Center Intern (UNR Campus) in Reno, Nevada
Req No. 17041BR
Job Posting Title IGT Global Support Center Intern (UNR Campus)
Location NV - Reno
Employment Status Interns
Description IGT is expanding the GSC (Global Support Center) team located on the UNR campus. We are looking for someone who is flexible due to the 24/7/365 environment. You will be the point of contact, working directly with global IGT staff by providing remote technical phone support while also staying accountable for the day to day support of IGT Information Technology Systems.
First Year Goals
•Evaluate customer issues and determine appropriate corrective actions.
•Coordinate steps required for corrective action with other support groups within Information Technology department and escalate as needed to resolve the issue.
•Execute a very high degree of tact and courtesy when interfacing with all.
•Resolve systems and hardware failures within the scope of provided training.
•Support password and data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
•Maintain service database with a high degree of accuracy.
•Must have the ability to communicate and write clearly to convey complex ideas and instructions to the IGT user community.
•Meet virtually with end users and supervisor on a daily/hourly schedule to solve user problems.
•Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma required.
• Must be a currently registered student at UNR and have a GPA at 3.0 or higher
• 0 to 3 years of experience in technical IS and help desk support.
• Must have basic knowledge of/skills in Microsoft operating systems and applications.
• Remote location analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills and phone and customer service etiquette in resolving user¹s problems.
• Must have experience in troubleshooting PC operating systems.
• Must be able to work overtime as needed.
• Must be available to work occasional graveyard or swing shifts, including on weekends and holidays.
• Work towards BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or any other related area of study or equivalent professional experience.
• A+ certification
• Fluency in Spanish or Mandarin
Special requirements needed
Pass a background check
Must be at least 18 years of age
Available to work on weekends
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity. • Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally • Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve. • Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles. • Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself • Foster innovation
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.