IGT Manager of Logistics Operations in Reno, Nevada
Req No. 17168BR
Job Posting Title Manager of Logistics Operations
Location NV - Reno
Employment Status Full Time
A fast-paced high visibility Logistics Manager role within the Global Logistics team working for the world's largest end to end gaming and lottery provider, with the opportunity to streamline processes and lead a team of 35-45 direct employees as we optimize our operations. Our business is evolving with the merger of IGT and GTECH resulting in the new IGT. We are looking for strong leaders who can help incorporate the addition of new products and materials and help us to reemerge as the strong, world class, lean manufacturing and warehouse organization recognized as a key component to our recent integration.
A cross functional collaborator who will work with multiple areas inside and outside of Nevada serving IGT's global customer base both internal and external. A successful candidate will have a balance of creative and analytical thinking abilities, and who will be part of an established high performing team with the ability to make good business decisions independently while maintaining a big picture focus.
A leader who accomplishes human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling employees. A leader who can enforce day to day process, analyze performance metrics, communicate job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions and recommending compensation actions.
• Responsible for efficient, effective, on-time and quality focused shipment of Electronic Gaming Machines, conversion orders and service order fulfilment parts by various multi-modal shipping methods.
• Ensures proper packaging, preservation, labeling and marking of Electronic Gaming Machines and Service Order Parts via all modes of transportation.
• Accountable for freight Import / Export compliance to include jurisdictional gaming and software shipping compliance.
• Collaborative feedback and guidance to New Product Introduction labelling, packaging, marking and shipping requirements.
• Work with operations regional leaders to streamline process, planning and execution.
• The Manager, Logistics operations will be an integral team member of the Global Logistics organization as he/she will design, report and support cross-team facilitation for Transportation Optimization solutions and changes within TMS applications.
• Receiving / Shipping of raw and finished goods:
Inbound receiving / outbound shipping management (domestic and international)
Accurate receiving of raw materials in a timely manner for put-away.
On-time /damage free shipping of finished goods and Parts DC material
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of lean principles and problem-solving tools
• Partner with Regional Transportation teams to build best practices and processes around transportation planning.
• Resolves administrative and operational barriers and drives business processes and procedures in support of key business objective requirements.
• Excellent understanding of the concepts of business process measurement, including On Time shipment and delivery, carrier utilization, EDI messages, and lead time.
First Year Goals
• By the end of year one, you will be considered a "go to" leader in the Warehouse Leadership group and a subject matter expert on area processes and procedures as demonstrated by:
• Lead a team of direct employees to achieve established KPI's
• Delivering process improvement results and showing clear improvement in areas of labor utilization, cost management, customer service, and quality
• Providing development plans for key talent on your team while documenting and coaching employees demonstrating performance deficiencies
• Delighting internal and external customers
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics Management or Operations, or equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of 5 - 10 years of Transportation or Logistics operations experience.
• A minimum of 5 – 10 years management experience.
• Experience in SAP functionality and TMS Systems
• Good communicator (verbal/written) who can explain transportation/supply chain concepts in terms that the business understands
• Knowledge of ISO standards and quality programs (Lean, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.)
• Exceptional customer service skills. Looks to lead by serving peers and internal customers.
• Self-managed and results driven, with the ability to work independently and deliver projects on time.
• Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations
• Exceptional listening skills. Seeks to first understand others.
• Experience in driving lean improvement projects using Kaizen, A3, VSM, Project planning, problem solving tools
• Experience in High Tech, Electronics or Consumer Goods
• Understanding of transportation, distribution, and warehousing concepts
• Exposure to Supply Chain Network modeling and strategy concepts
Special requirements needed
Work overtime as needed
Able to obtain a Gaming License
Valid driver license and clean driving record
Pass a background check
Must be at least 18 years of age
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
#LI-MM1 cb #DI