IGT Software Engineer in Reno, Nevada
Req No. 17200BR
Job Posting Title Software Engineer
Location NV - Reno
Employment Status Full Time
Description Want to be a part of a winning team, conceiving, designing and developing the latest and greatest games for the casino industry? We are looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to build memorable winning game experiences for IGT in a fun, collaborative studio environment. IGT is the leader in manufacture and design of casino games since 1981 creating titles like Wolf Run, Treasures of Troy, and Wheel of Fortune here at our campus in Reno, NV. We move quickly to market changes and innovate constantly to provide our players with the best gaming experiences. If you enjoy working in a team environment, designing and creating software solutions, we would be interested in talking to you.
As a technical contributor, you will be integral to shaping our new game development workflow around the utilization of the Unity game engine. This role offers a wide variety of technical challenges to solve and explore related to the innovative slot game-play concepts enhanced by special effect and creative ways to meet the demands of players around the globe.
First Year Goals
• Start contributing to a games development within the first weeks of arrival
• Work closely with others to understand the platform, best practices and processes used to develop slot games
• Build professional relationships with peers through immersion in the studio environment
• Work closely with the art and sound team to develop special effect enhancements within the constraints of the target platform
• Develop a game of your own and take it through the entire development cycle
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent; Master's degree is preferred
• Excellent C++/C# programming skills for video game development
• 2-3 years of experience with professional software game development
• Advanced object oriented design and development knowledge
• Familiarity with scripting languages and their applications to game development
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Self-motivated and passion for developing high-quality games
• Demonstrates strong collaboration skills, working side-by-side with other disciplines involved in the game development process
• Experience with writing shaders, special effects, particle systems, cameras, and lighting using Unity or similar game engines
• 2D/3D programming experience
• Working knowledge of video gaming industry
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.