IGT Systems Engineer in Renton, Washington
Req No. 16952BR
Job Posting Title Systems Engineer
Location WA - Renton
Employment Status Full Time
Description If you live between Renton and Olympia, WA, open to heavy travel between casino sites and enjoy being customer facing, this could be a perfect career for you! We are expanding our Support team in response to an emerging demand for IGT’s WAN/LAN based products and services. If you thrive on providing optimum levels of customer service while dealing with cutting edge technology, then this position is for you. You will be part of a team responsible for servicing a unique market with over 27 customers, 400 devices and numerous IGT products. You will maintain production infrastructures hosting IGT’s software, including diagnosing and troubleshooting network related issues. In this role you will be an integral contributor to a well-established 24x7 global support team providing support to IGT’s customer facing services (both internal and external).
Your solid foundation of Windows Servers, relational SQL databases, virtualization (VMware), networking, and your ability to master a diverse suite of IGT products, will lend to your success. Self-scheduling, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects simultaneously will be part of a typical and exciting day at work. Come join IGT as we lead the way.
Synopsis of responsibilities:
Ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of operating systems, network infrastructures and relational databases as it relates to systems related support.
Must be a self-starter (where applicable), keeping current on new and emerging technologies relevant to the business.
Ability to carry out activities related to new installations, upgrades and long term maintenance support of any/all IGT Gaming Systems software applications.
Ability to provide input in the definition or modification of currently established processes, procedures and standards for efficiency improvement.
Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to accomplish specific goals or draft policies and procedures relevant to the Systems Support organization.
Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and written) with other related organizations (internal and external) to develop solutions as required. Examples of related organizations include (but are not limited to) software engineering, product management, account specialists, product assurance, regulators, and Customers. Internal communication includes peers and management within the Support Services organization.
Ability to draft applicable Systems Engineer level documentation when necessary or as assigned.
Ability to utilize remote connectivity solutions to provide real-time support on production systems while following compliance guidelines.
Ability to conform to best practices, standardized processes, and standard operating procedures.
A keen understanding of customer service principles and the ability to work with customers who possess various levels of skill and competency.
Ability to conduct thorough system analysis and produce supporting documentation.
Ability to recreate reported issues in a lab environment, working towards finding a solution and going through the proper channels to address it in the field.
First Year Goals
Through the various delivery technologies, you will learn to integrate, test and support IGT systems and associated applications.
• You will learn to sustain and maintain IGT’s systems and applications throughout their product lifecycle.
• You will work closely with our Customers to successfully diagnose, troubleshoot and reproduce reported issue/problems within a lab environment to identify and implement resolution in production.
• You will carry out activities related to upgrades, new implementations, maintenance and long term support of IGT’s gaming systems & software applications.
• You will successfully establish and build relationships internally and externally.
• You will be part of a team that regularly exceeds expectations for currently established SLA’s related to global systems engineering support.
• You will provide input in the development or modification of currently established technical standards and specifications where applicable.
• You will be responsible for conforming to standardized process and procedures when unitizing remote connectivity solutions to provide real-time support on production systems while complying with established rules and regulations.
Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field, others may be considered with equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 3 years work experience in system engineering, quality assurance, database administration, IT or a related engineering support capacity.
IT related certifications preferred.
In depth proficiency in server and computer systems including, network administration, OS installation, software support, database administration, system installation/integration.
Knowledge in these areas: Windows Server 2008/2012, SQL Server 2005/2008 deployment/administration/querying, network design/troubleshooting, MS Clustering, Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
• Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field, others may be considered with equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in system engineering, quality assurance, database administration, IT or a related engineering support capacity.
• IT related certifications preferred.
• In depth proficiency in server and computer systems including, network administration, OS installation, software support, database administration, system installation/integration.
• Knowledge in these areas: Windows Server 2008/2012, SQL Server 2005/2008 deployment/administration/querying, network design/troubleshooting, MS Clustering, Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, VMWare, Storage Solutions (NetApp, Dell, etc.), Active Directory, Backup Solutions, AntiVirus, ITIL
• Ability to multi-task in a challenging and dynamic real-time support environment is required while leading other members of the engineering group.
• Must possess strong analytical skills; ability to perform with minimal supervision; possess good organizational and project management skills; strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to share knowledge and expertise constructively and sets an above standard example through consistency in requirements and deliverables.
• Some Domestic and International travel.
• The position provides scheduled 24/7 On-Call support with varied shifts and overtime as required.
• Employment contingent upon the receipt of an approved background investigation, the ability to obtain gaming cards from various State and tribal gaming organizations and a Motor Vehicle Report
Special requirements needed
Ability to Travel
Work overtime as needed
Must be at least 21 years of age
Able to obtain a Gaming License
Pass a background check
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
Posting code: CB #LI-KK1 #DI