IGT Technical Hardware Trainer in West Greenwich, Rhode Island
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
The Hardware Technical Trainer is an individual that specializes in learning, understanding, and teaching (hands-on) the installation, service, and repair of lottery terminals, slot machines, and peripherals in the field. This person travels domestically and internationally to deliver training in support of lottery and gaming casino equipment support. This position collaborates with project and corporate staff and customers to address logistical and content challenges of delivery. This position requires an increasing awareness of the business of casino and lottery operations in addition to keeping pace with new products and technologies in order to be successful.
• Combine technician skills and training skills to conduct hands-on technical training classes on installation and repair of lottery and gaming hardware products for new and existing staff/customers using established, hands-on instructor-led training, mentoring, and testing programs.
• Participate in and contribute to the development of new training programs for new technologies/products.
• Support customers by learning customer-specific requirements to enhance training programs.
• Track all training and testing data, provide status reports and training wrap-up reports to management.
• Attend training classes as required to enhance expertise relevant to job activities and to achieve certification based on department standards.
• Assists with the creation and delivery of field services performance improvement programs
• Assists the Senior Trainer with the Training Needs Analysis/Business Analysis and costing processes.
• Provides coaching and mentoring to the Trainer I position.
• Participate in special projects that have a clear link or benefit to training, as assigned.
• Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or combination of experience and education required
• 3-4 years experience in customer service and experience in training required
• Must be able to travel up to 70% of the time
• Technical aptitude, professional presentation skills, and superior customer service skills required
• Ability to obtain required licensing documents and approvals for domestic travel required
• Experience with Microsoft Windows (Excel, Word, PPT, and Outlook)
• Effective communications skills (listening, constructive feedback, conflict resolution, writing, presentation)
• Must be able to multi-task and produce requests upon demand a must.
• Experience with instructional design is a plus.
• Experience with course development and training methodologies for technical content preferred.
• The ability to exercise judgment within defined procedures and policies.
• Keen ability to hone in on customer-specific requirements to enhance training.
• Effective communicator who can collaboratively and frequently connect with a number of project teams, corporate development groups, site personnel and customers.
Special requirements needed
Ability to Travel
Able to stand an eight-hour shift
Must be at least 21 years of age
Able to obtain a Gaming License
Valid driver license and clean driving record
Able to lift 50 lbs or more
Pass a background check
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, free identity theft insurance, free hot and cold beverages, and access to on-site gym facilities (Providence Headquarters and West Greenwich).
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com at http://www.igt.com/ .